What We Do
We consider our facility to be an extension of your practice. All pets are seen for their referred problem only. Routine veterinary care is not performed.
Upon arrival, the doctor will review your records, take a complete history and perform a detailed examination. These steps become the basis for the patient's diagnostic work-up and treatment.
Our dedicated staff of doctors and nurses work around-the-clock monitoring, treating, and caring for patients.
Communication at our hospital is ongoing, with daily updates to the pet owner and to you.
Upon discharge, a detailed synopsis of every case is mailed to you, along with a copy of the patient's discharge instructions and laboratory work.
The information we provide you will ensure the continuity of care after patient discharge.
IndyVet is an AAHA accredited referral hospital, open 24/7/365.
Iodine 131 Therapy
Meet Our Specialists
Nicolás Vecchio, DVM, DACVS, CCRT
Tracey Gillespie, DVM, DACVIM-SAIM
Heidi Klein, DVM, MS, DACVO
James Speiser, DVM, DABVP, CCRT
Julie Trzil, DVM, MS, DACVIM-SAIM
Leslie Moore, DVM, MS
Areas Of Expertise
Complete Surgical Services
- Angular Deformities
- Bone Grafting
- Fracture Repair
- Maxillofacial Reconstruction
- Total Hip Replacement
- Femoral Head & Neck Ostectomy
- Prosthetic Limbs
- Tendon Repair
- Cruciate Ligament Repair
- Patellar Luxation
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Bicipital Tenotomy
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Penn Hip Certification
- Skin Grafting
- Vascular Surgery
- Blood Pressure
- In-house CAT Scans
- Digital Radiology
- Burr keratectomy for indolent corneal ulcers
- Cataract surgery with prosthetic lens replacement
- Eyelid surgeries to correct abnormal position of eyelids (entropion and ectropion)
- Cryotherapy for distichiasis (abnormal eyelid hairs) and eyelid tumors
- Treatment of ectopic cilia using electrocautery and cryotherapy
- Diode laser treatment of epibulbar melanomas
- Prophylactic and therapeutic diode laser retinopexy
- Transscleral cyclophotocoagulation for glaucoma
- Enucleation (eye removal) for intraocular tumors, end stage glaucoma and globe rupture
- Evisceration and prosthesis for end stage glaucoma
- Corneal surgeries for deep corneal ulcers, sequestrums, or non-healing ulcers
- Cerebral Spinal Fluid Evaluation
- Nerve Conduction Evaluation
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Canine Rehabilitation
- Blood Gases
- Cell Counts
Clients are seen by scheduled appointments. However, if you would like to refer a client the same day or after hours, our facility can accommodate you.
If a specialist is not immediately available, the emergency doctor on duty will examine your pet and immediately contact the specialist for a consultation regarding the pet's condition and initial treatment. The patient will be transferred into the care of the specialist as soon as practical.
Estimates And Fees
All clients are given an itemized care plan upon examination estimating the cost for the initial 24 to 48 hours of hospitalization. A deposit is due upon admission.
Each day, clients are kept apprised of their fees by a doctor or a technician. Balances are paid upon discharge unless prior arrangements have been made.
Payments can be made by cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express, or Care Credit.
Suture removal after surgical procedures is performed at no charge.