IndyVet launches app to better prepare pet owners for emergencies
A new mobile app called "IndyVet," short for IndyVet Emergency & Specialty Hospital, will help Central Indiana pet owners seek medical attention without delay.
"With this new tool, we're just a click away— literally, ‘on hand' for patients at all times," said Dr. James Speiser, DVM, DABVP, CCRT, founder of IndyVet. "People can find and contact our facility at a moment's notice, and current patients can schedule a check up and refill prescriptions through their phones or tablets."
"Animals are curious creatures," he said. "Accidents can and will happen, so it's important for anyone who is typically around animals to think ahead, prepare and have the app readily available in case of an emergency."
Features on the app allow animal lovers to:
In addition to the above, IndyVet's veterinary referral physicians will be able to:
- Call IndyVet's 24-hour PET-E-911 emergency phone line directly
- Get directions to the facility
- Schedule appointments upon referral
- Conveniently reorder medications
- Directly contact IndyVet's canine and feline blood donor staff
- Receive clinic news such as reminders, notifications on upcoming events (Pet First Aid/CPR classes, pet loss support groups, etc.), and tips on how to prevent and detect crises
- Gain instant access to social media networks like Facebook and YouTube
- Customize fun photos with pet postcard templates to share with IndyVet, general practice veterinarians or friends and family through social media channels.
The app is available for free through the iTunes App Store, and Google Play for Android users.
- Place orders for animal blood
- Contact surgery, internal medicine, ophthalmology, and emergency specialists immediately.